Events and Activities
The hall's student leaders plan several exciting events throughout the semester! Below are just a few of our many hallwide events.
Walking in the Baylor Homecoming Parade – Baylor & Beyond LLC students partner with international students to hold flags representing different countries during the oldest homecoming parade in the nation! Every flag held represents a country of an international students who currently attends Baylor.
Day at the Farm – Student-led field trip to World Hunger Relief Farm Inc., our chosen philanthropy.
Passport Program – A chance for students to learn more about our hall's academic partners and student service offices that offer information on majors and minors, scholarships, academic certificates, and so much more!
Carols around the World – All Baylor & Beyond students are given the opportunity to participate in this annual tradition during Christmas on 5th Street. Students learning a language can learn carols in their chosen language. Others can assist with volunteering to assist with crowd control and hold information signs. A truly global event!
Penny Wars – floors compete in a high stakes event to see who can raise more money for our philanthropy, World Hunger Relief Farm.
Worship Nights – Small and large events that are organized directed by students.
Global Gala – A huge spring event during which students, faculty, and staff celebrate the year's accomplishments.
Fun Friday – Fridays are for fun!!!! This happens every Friday in the North Russell lobby from 4:00-5:00pm! Come experience international snacks, fun, and community! Here is a look at some of the Fun Fridays we have offered:
- Cultural Cooking Fun Friday – International students will share a recipe from home and teach you how to cook a dish!
- Community Leader Fun Friday – Come meet your CLs and hear what wonderful events they have planned for you!
- Chinese New Year Fun Friday – Celebrate Chinese New Year and learn a little bit about this tradition from our Asian Neighborhoods!
- Fun FRIES day - a whole hour dedicated to lots of different french fries, toppings, and seasonings.
- Relax Fun Friday – manage final exam stress by enjoying crepes and coloring!